Who We Are
- Mineland Vision Partnership (MVP) is a collaborative group of mining, business, government, professional, and community interests representing all parts of Minnesota’s Iron Range.
- A regional collaboration that invests in our diverse community by developing opportunities for dynamic minescapes, preserving lands to sustain current and future mining, and exploring cutting edge reclamation practices that enhances the natural environment of the area.
- MVP serves as a convener, regional land use planner, and promotes the collaboration between mining companies and communities to plan, and design future landscapes to benefit the region.
- Helps identify resources and provides education for land use projects.
- Facilitates discussion and decision making among all interests, and helps identify lands for economic, recreation, and resource-based uses that meet mining and community goals.
- Explores how mining operations can integrate future land design options as an integral part of mine planning and operation.
- Provides technical and consensus building tools.
- MVP generates local strategies for economic revitalization, and builds attractive landscapes for local communities and the environment.
- MVP is open to the public and encourages all interested stakeholders, whether private property owners, mining company representatives, business and community interests to engage in the organization’s activities.